Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Trusting the Father



My daughter bumped her head tonight and then quickly ran towards me and threw her little head onto my chest. She laid there for a while just wanting me to hold her. It was one of those moments you will remember when she graduates from high school or gets married or something like that.
I was so stoked that she would want me to comfort her, that she would trust me to take care of her in that moment. For a few moments she knew Dad was the only place to turn and he knew best. She threw herself into my arms with abandon. I wish she would always go to me like that.
It may sound simple or trite, but my daughter is daily teaching me how my true Father loves me. I want to trust him with my life in the way my daughter trusted me for a few moments. I want to throw myself into my Abba's arms and let Him comfort me and direct my life wherever He wants it to go.

No comments: