Monday, September 05, 2005

My wife is amazing

I've realized that being married to me may be just a tad difficult. Besides the clothes left throughout the house, the unwiped dishes, the inability to fix anything related to automobile or house (or really anything), the tendency to lose anything and everything, the forgetfulness that springs up from time to time, the ability to search craigslist for free items for hours and hours...I came to the conclusion that God wanted me to quit my nice, safe, normal youth pastor job with benefits and raise money for a salary to serve with a non-profit organization called ReIMAGINE.

Now, my wife knows that I like to think a little outside the box and dream. She also knows that I know that she likes to plan. She worked in the financial world for four years, and she is the queen of our checkbook and budget. She likes the money to be planned out and under control (she also likes to joke that if she ever died I would not remember how to deposit a check into our account, but that's another story).
So here we are with a lot of money left to find and the last check having come from the church. And how is my wife doing? She is amazing. God has given her a special peace and grace right now that just floors me. Yeah, she's a little scared, but she is okay. She believes we are doing the right thing and that God will take care of us. He will provide for us. The other day I talked to a mentor of mine who told me that a few women had commented to him that they don't know how she is doing it. Why isn't she freaking out? Why is she letting me do this? Isn't she scared? Why isn't she cracking? People know that I'm a little crazy anyway and don't really know or care how much money we have in the bank, but people know that this must be hard on my wife. In her own way she is having a huge impact on people around us. She isn't saying anything. She isn't doing anything but simply trusting God and enjoying life. When my mentor friend told me this, I started to tear up a little (don't know if my friend noticed this or not).

I am so proud of my wife. She is the most incredible blessing I could ever ask for.

Thank you, God, for putting her into my life. Thank you for giving her the grace to hang in there with me. I truly would be a mess without her.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Wow! I guess I should read your blog more often........very well written :) love, your wife.