Sunday, September 11, 2005

TRUST

So I keep getting into positions where I am forced to really trust God. I'm starting a new phase in ministry. I don't know how much money is coming in from support raising. I think some of my friends and family think I'm a little crazy. In the middle of it, this is so good! I have to trust God because I know I can't figure it all out and make it happen. God has been reminding me of the Israelites in the Old Testament...as I've looked at their story, I'm always hit by how often is seems like what God really wants is just for them to trust Him. He wants them to stop complaining and freaking out and whining and looking at other ways (and other gods)to make life work and just TRUST HIM.
This week is a big week for me. I've got my first actual public event with ReIMAGINE that I'm helping to make happen (Bay Area Emergent Cohort on Saturday), and I've got a luncheon in Danville on Sunday where I'm hoping explain the vision and passion behind my move to ReIMAGINE and ask people give money to help pay my salary. It's a big week, and I feel like crap. I got this weird flu/throat/head thing that just keeps getting worse...stubborn me wouldn't go to the doctor, and I skipped my chiropractor appointment because I was sick, and I can barely function. My head is so messed up and cloudy I can't even lay down and read a book. I stand up and get dizzy. I'm getting all sweaty again as I type this. I'm constantly coughing up nasty pieces of green flem...you get the picture. I just want to get out and meet with people and make phone calls and set things up, and I can't even think straight. Once again I have to trust that God loves me and that even if I don't get better tomorrow and even if everything bombs this week, He still loves me...and Jesus is still worthy of my love and and my life

No comments: