Monday, September 05, 2005

People dig Jesus

When asked what I do for a living, I used to reply and say that I was a pastor or youth pastor. Some people said I looked too young for that. Some people said, "Oh, that's nice." Some people said, "They pay you to be a pastor to high schoolers?" Some people quickly changed the subject. Some people asked what I did all week and if the kids drove me nuts.
When I say that I work for a non-profit organization that wants to teach people about the ways of Jesus, people are seriously interested. People really want to talk about Jesus and what He said and what His life means to us today. People really dig Jesus...they just really don't dig the thought of going to church. I could go on and on rambling about why, but for now, I'm just excited to tell people what I do and start talking about Jesus. I really like talking about Jesus, and people seem to like talking to me about Jesus, so I'm having some serious fun lately.

No comments: