Friday, October 19, 2007

What's happenin

This Wednesday we started a new rhythm of sharing a meal with the crew that lives under our nearby overpass. I was truly encouraged by a few things that happened. Some of the people I've been trying to get to know over the past couple months were happy to see me and welcomed the friends I brought with me. One woman even told me she is finally going to check into rehab this week, which thrilled me and injected me with new hope. I was also so happy to see some members of our community overcome fears and apprehension by joining us. I had the privilege of observing people walk in new ways, letting themselves be stretched...good stuff.

This weekend I'm speaking to a load of middle schoolers from Menlo Park Pres at their camp at Mt. Hermon. Wish me luck, or think good thoughts, or pray for me, or all of the above. Andrea and the kiddies are joining me and I'm hoping our whole family can connect with the students all weekend.

Peace

1 comment:

Steffen said...

Sounds great, bro. I'll look forward to hear what's happening.

I'm in New York right now and going to meet up with a few people before going to Soularize on tuesday.

Just let Kayla take care of the middle schoolers - should be a quiet weekend then ;-)

peace - Steffen