Sunday, October 07, 2007

In Search of a Unified Theory

I just realized I never quite got around to writing about the new Cobalt Season album, In Search of a Unified Theory. I meant to write one when I first got the album, and then I wanted to wait until I had listened to the album several times through and had a better feel for it instead of just writing a blind recommendation because I like Ryan and Holly (and their son Paxton).

So...I love the album. As others have noted, I think it's their best to date. Ryan's voice conveys a depth of yearning and emotion. It is full of a yearning for something more and something true. For those of us who struggle to find the best ways to live in unity with the things we say we believe, this album is for us. There is a brutal honesty, and yet there is hope in the mix, hope for a better way, hope that there really is hope.

Most of the 3 or 4 people who still read this blog with its lack of posts recently probably already know of the album, but if you don't already own it I suggest checking it out. It's even available on iTunes now.

Cheers, Ryan and Holly. Keep making beautiful music...

1 comment:

brett said...

good review Nate...