Friday, January 26, 2007

On the Hill

This morning as I sat on Bernal Hill overlooking the City to with my friend Adam, my mind kept flashing back to my time on top of Mount Arbel next to the Sea of Galilee. From Arbel one can see the Sea of Galilee and pretty much the entire Galilee region, the land Jesus lived much of his life. It is logical to guess that Arbel could have been a place Jesus went to pray. It's an peaceful location with a wonderful view, really the best view of the area.

As I sat this morning in the dark, watching the city of San Francisco wake up, I asked God to help me flow in the Spirit, to follow the leading of the Spirit in every decision and moment I encounter. I was struck with gratefulness inside of me, grateful to be able to sit in my Father's presence and pray, grateful to live next to such a wonderful hill with green grass and amazing views, and grateful to be able to live in a wonderful city such as San Francisco. I am grateful.

No comments: