Saturday, January 28, 2006

Big Weekend

Big Weekend

We have a big weekend over here in the East Bay. I’ve set up some experiences/projects/initiatives for Community Life Groups (small groups) at Creekside.

Friday night (January 27th) – Some folks are headed over to City Team in Oakland to serve food to around 100 people.

Saturday morning (January 28th) – Some other people are headed over to City Team to be a part of the Bags of Love program. They will take groceries to an apartment complex and distribute them to people who need them.

Saturday (January 28th) – A couple of groups will work with me as we have a picnic with some people at Baldwin Park in Concord. I have spent a few Saturday’s with some wonderful people from Good Shepherd Lutheran who serve food in the park the 3rd Saturday of the month, and Creekside is now going to serve food the 4th Saturday of every month. I hope that it truly is a group picnic with people from Creekside making new friends as we eat together. I pray that it doesn’t rain, or at least not too much. My friend Dana from Good Shepherd tells me they have been doing this for years and during the winter they pray that it won’t rain. It hasn’t rained in 5 years now.

No comments: