Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Yesterday was a good day

Yesterday was a good day.  We've been looking for a house in East Oakland for some months now, but it's beginning to seem like years.  I've been frustrated and impatient with the process.  We've been waiting to hear back on a house that is a short-sale for a month.  It has seemed like the perfect neighborhood and a great place.  Then, on Saturday, we found a house just a couple blocks away with more space and for fewer dollars ($65,000 actually).  We made an offer and it was accepted yesterday morning.  East Oakland here we come.  Our prayers have been answered.  We'll be moving in 30 days.

Then, to top the day off I downloaded the new Roots album, Rising Down, with an iTunes gift certificate my friend gave me on my birthday.  It's amazing.  Thanks Craig.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Nate....We are offically friends on every site, and we live like 1.5 hrs from each other! Some day I need to meet those cute kids of yours! Congrats on the house!