Friday, January 04, 2008

Creative Assistance

I have an assignment for all you dedicated readers out there ...

We are in the process of starting an intentional community and a non-profit organization to initiate missional projects in Oakland, and it needs a name. I love the word and deeper meaning of SHALOM. It means so much...peace, safety, well-being, friendship, health, salvation. All my hopes and dreams for what we could see happen are contained in the meaning of this word. I'm just wondering if it really works, and if it does, what goes with it... "The Shalom Initiative", just "Shalom"?

So, for all you creative thinkers out there, please give me a little help. I'd love your honest opinion of Shalom, and if you don't think it works, suggest something else. Thanks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shalom is such an expansive and, in many ways, subversive idea. I would suggest including language that communicates the transformational power of Yahweh Shalom, like Shalom Renewal or Shalom Transformation Project. Just initial thoughts...

aurora bender said...

not so into the shalom initiative. but something along those lines would be good. initiative just sounds to formal and rigid.