Thursday, March 23, 2006

Book Swaps are good

My friend Brad had a wonderful idea recently. Both of us love to read well-written books, and both of us live on a budget, and both of us believe that materialism and consumerism are traits we want to see shrink in our lives. So we want good books to read, but we don't think buying brand new books is always wise. We also realize that we and many of our friends have good books that we have read and no longer need to keep on our shelves. Some of us have decent books that for whatever reason we just aren't ever going to read. Therefore, we are having a book swap to recycle our literary treasures...
I'm actually quite excited about this, because if you know me I seriously like books but seriously don't dig giving Amazon all my money I don't have...

From Brad's blog...

I've got a growing pile of books that I don't plan on ever reading again. Some are just poorly written or theologically flawed, but some are great and I'm just getting tired of looking at them. I know there are others like me, who have unwanted books but fear the shrinking of their young libraries (Nate, Tim), so I'd like to host a book swap (one man's trash is another man's treasure).

Monday, April 17th, 7pm.
The Hooey's House
1865 Lacassie Ave. #7, Walnut Creek (Right Next to Walnut Creek Pres., Two minute walk from WC Bart)
Bring books that you no longer want for trade, the more books the better! Everyone is welcome!

Come, bring novels, poetry, theology, or anything else that you want to get rid of.

No comments: