Monday, February 27, 2006

I'm impressed, and I'm hard to impress

I just need to communicate to someone that I have been very impressed with the Creekside Community Church Community Life Groups (Small Groups) that have been spending time at Baldwin Park in Concord on Saturday's. A couple days ago another group joined me in making some new friends with people who didn't have anywhere else to eat lunch. Most are homeless for one reason or another. I am just so encouraged at how the groups have actually interacted with people. We haven't just scooped some food to do our good deed for the day. We have been making friends, listening, caring...learning to love. We are learning to live in the way that Jesus teaches us. No, we are not perfect. No, we have not saved the world or ended homelessness in Concord, but I am encouraged by what I have seen. Small acts of love and friendship are helping form people from both ends of the economic spectrum, and it is fun to be a part of it.

No comments: