Monday, June 16, 2008

10 Things I love about Oakland

Sun and warmth

Striking diversity

Friendly neighbors

Live Gospel choir practicing next door

A backyard full of dirt and eventually vegetables and flowers

Quality basketball pick up games whenever I want them

The police helicopters overhead entertain the kids

Our friends Damon and Alice have a house in our backyard

Watching fireworks after an A's game

Craig and Lora's pool (I haven't visited it since we moved, but just the thought of using it makes me happy)

The feeling that this is where we are supposed to be...it's home



2 comments:

modorney said...

Soul food at Esther's Orbit Room

It's all good Bakery

Josh H. said...

my dad and i used to go to A's games all the time when he was in grad school. bleacher seats were $3.
hope all is well with you my former roommate.