Monday, August 07, 2006

I love this place

Wow, I'm sitting at Progressive Grounds on Courtland Street just down from my house. Across the street is a sweet little independent bookstore. Wow...it just hit me that I live in San Francisco. Crazy!

What also hit me the other day is that I have some wonderful friends in my life. The owner of our new flat, Jay, who also lives above us, was amazed that several guys showed up and unloaded the UHaul. (The UHaul story is worthy of a separate post later in the week). The way he said it made me think. A few friends from San Francisco came and unloaded, joining my two buddies who drove down all the way from Redding the night before and my brother Noah. These guys packed the UHaul better than I could have, drove the UHaul better than I could have, and pretty much made it a wonderful day. I promised them that moving would be easier than our last day together when we hiked Mt. Shasta, and I think we had just as much fun. Hopefully Paul's stomach will recover from our food that wasn't quite as healthful as his normal stuff. We did have organic range free eggs for breakfast though...

The crazy thing was that a ton of other people from Danville to San Francisco offered to help and really wanted to. My buddy Jeremy in Danville, whose wife had a baby two days ago, called and offered to take care of any final details at our old house at Concord. Dude, you just had a baby! (If you know Jeremy you probably have similar stories of his amazing generosity).

So today, it feels good to be here, and it feels good to be loved. Now, if I can just figure out what to do with all our kitchen stuff in our new kitchen that is about a quarter of the size of the old one...maybe a fifth or a sixth as big...

2 comments:

aurora bender said...

hooray for friends! and for beautiful days in san francisco. and for new homes. and thankfully the UHaul making it to your new home. barely, but it made it.

Lora said...

congrats, and can't wait to see the place. we've heard it's great.